Sunday, April 19, 2009

Group hugs


As my husband left for a short business trip to Italy in 10/08, Millie reached out to give him a hug while I was holding her. It was the first time we'd been apart as a new little family.

She reached for him and then leaned into me and squeezed our little family together.

Did she really just call for a group hug? Wow.

Now she does it every night as her dad hands her to me after stories at bedtime.

That's our routine:
Stories.
Group hug.
Then bedtime.

She's such a great kid.

3 comments:

  1. Does this happen to you when you read my blog? I read yours and constantly think "Oh, man! I wish my little Ellie did something that cute!" That is so precious! What a wonderful feeling that must give you every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I am blown away by the fact that LE is starting to be bilingual- what an incredible little girl. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case I haven't told you recently, I LOVE the name of your blog. I think it's fantastic and I love the fact that you started one. Give the little one a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete