Friday, June 12, 2009

woah!



It is so fun watching her get excited about things. She has such enthusiasm and passion for life.


Whenever we drive anywhere these days she narrates and gets excited about driving under the underpasses- she calls them tunnels.


Millie: Here we goooo! Is that a tunnel, Mommy? Here it is! Whoooooo!


Just a few months ago, we made a short trip to the Konterra Model Airpark to see the model airplanes take to the skies! There were 4-5 pilots operating their planes. It was pretty quiet except for the plane engines... that is until we got there.

The pilots were happy to hear Amelia shouting "WOAH!" as they performed loops and rolls. I'm sure it gave voice to that same excitement they have inside but are now too grownup to display. Whenever she said, "Did you SEE THAT MOMMY!" You could see the grin on their faces as if to say, "Yeah, I think it's pretty cool too."


3 comments:

  1. It's really incredible to see the world for the first time through their eyes, isn't it? Everything is so magical when you see it for the first time. These little people are filled with so much passion that it's hard for it to not boil over and affect everything and everyone around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Niffer. That's why I'm trying to keep up with the blog. It reminds me to *really* see how amazing it to be sharing this trip with her... the same way she helps us to *really* see how amazing our world can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fantastic that you're doing the blog, and for more reasons than just me enjoying it.

    I think into the future and see Ellie reading the things I wrote about her. I want her to know how joyful and full she made my life. For all I know, she'll think it's silly and never really read it. But then at least I'll have it to look back on myself. Oh, man. That brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete