Monday, October 5, 2009

Out of the mouth of my babe


When observing her mother or father getting frustrated with anything...
Millie: Oh Bother, What's to be DONE.


After eating chili...
Millie: Thank you for the delicious dinner mommy.


Sitting in the carseat behind daddy while he was driving her home from a busy afternoon of activities...
Millie: There's a guy behind you who's soooo ti-ud daddy.


At bedtime...
Mommy: Millie you have to go to sleep now. It's bedtime.
Millie: Are you kiddin' me dude?!
Mommy: (Fighting back the laugh- smiles and says) No, I am not kidding you. It's really bedtime.


After sitting for awhile on the potty. Singing, playing games- not much potty happening:
Mommy: Should we get up and wash hands?
Millie: No, I'm going to poop.
Mommy: (After a few more minutes of singing and chatter) Is there any poop happening?
Millie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Millie: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes?
Millie: (Leaning forward and taking mommy's face into her hands, she whispers) You have to be patient for the poop to come out.
Mommy: (Humbly) You're right. I'm sorry.



4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I actually submitted my first comment to this post, but these are fantastic!

    I love your little girl's personality... so sweet and spunky at the same time. She's hilarious. Even my hubby laughed at "Are you kiddin' me, Dude" and "You have to be PATIENT..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! it is good to be patient:)
    kj&v

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- it is good to be patient. The universe keeps giving me chances to work on it... Fortunately, Millie is an adorable teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful out-takes ... "from the mouths of infants", as they say.

    ReplyDelete