Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sharing something special

Pound-pound-pound-pound-pound-- the sound of Millie running as fast as she can. Breathless and hair flying, she rushes over to me:

Millie: Mommy! Mommy! Come quick!

Mommy: What is it? (running back to the kitchen with her)

Millie: Look! Look! (throwing the vertical blinds apart) THE MOOOON!

Mommy (delighted with how excited she is to see the moon): Oh wow! Look at that. Millie found the moon!

Millie (thoughtfully): I want to get the moon and bring it for you.

Mommy: (touched and moved) Really? For me?

Millie: Yes. But not now- maybe later.

Mommy: Yes. Let's leave it in the sky for now.


4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD. I so wish this was my story! How endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... B and I were speechless. He started it off though-- earlier that day they had been outside hunting for fall leaves and between the two of them, he helped her choose one to bring home to me. I think I'll keep 'em both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they just magical, these kidlets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical is a good way to put it. :)

    ReplyDelete